Monday, April 30, 2012

In Anticipation of an After Storm Shoot

Good Monday from Prospect. Okay, so I was psyched to shoot Prospect after the storm on Saturday. Unfortunately as any photographer knows, if you are shooting the great outdoors you are at mother natures mercy. 

Stormy Clouds overhead 5D markII  f11, 1/15, ISO 50
Well Saturday's weather was no exception. Wind blew alright, straight out of the North West and brought with it solid cloud cover and chilly temps. Not much coming with that sky, just white and grey and not much contrast either.

5D mark II f11, 1/30, ISO 50
But, since I was in anticipation I had shot a few cloud backgrounds for my stock the evening before. The light was great with the cloud cover trying to break with the 35 knot breezes from the south east. Wonder where these will end up. Maybe on their own.

Anyway, as time will have it, that opportunity will present itself again and who knows what I'll find once again on the Great East Coast of Canada.

Tomorrow I may put my 2 cents worth in on where photographic technology may be headed.


Until then, Enjoy, Derek.

No comments: