Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A York Redoubt stroll

Good Wednesday from Prospect. 

Took a quick trip to York Redoubt today. It's a historical Park which used to be a fortification just south of Halifax. It's a beautiful spot to walk and the view of Halifax approaches and MacNabs Island is stunning.

I went with a dear friend, Ann. She wanted to take her dog Sima for the afternoon walk and asked if I'd tag along. I hadn't been there in a while and since I was armed with a camera, and some free time, I said yes. Always like to find some time to take pics.

Not a breath of air on top of that hill, which wasn't going to be good for the RNSYS wednesday night racing. Which by the way is easily viewed from York Redoubt if you're ever inclined to take that in. They usually start around 5:30 in the summer months and 6:00pm in the fall every Wednesday night.That will be a story for another day.

Anyway, I find those sort of Parks/Fortifications fascinating. They make me feel as if I was there at the time of their use. So when I photograph them I tend to show how they make me feel instead of shooting shiny touristy shots, if you catch my drift.

I've attached a good selection of the days shoot for you to enjoy. If you get a chance to visit, do so. It's a wonderful spot to take in a good stroll. Dog friendly as well, as you can see.

If you want to know more go here: http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ns/york/index.aspx

Enjoy, Derek.













No comments: