Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm Back with the Clippers

Good Monday from Prospect.

So here's the scoop. I've been on a hiatus for a bit. Those of you who got my Facebook post a while back will know my Mom passed away May 26 which means I've lost both parents in 10 months. If it wasn't for the fact that I have lots of caring family around me I'd officially be an orphan.

Well to move to a lighter note, the boats in the water and ready to go…finally. First sail this week.

Thursday's Child at the RNSYS
For an interest note the Clippers are in Halifax until the 15th at RNSYS. These are 10 68 foot open racers racing 8 Legs around the world (40,000 miles). They started in the UK in August 2011 and has now finished it's second to last leg in Halifax, NS.

Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron
The boats are tied up at the Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron (the oldest Yacht Club in North America) and will be here until the 15th.

I had an opportunity to fire off a few pics just as they arrived. Looks like they are going to have a great time here in Halifax.
Clippers at the tender dock at RNSYS













You can check them out here (http://www.clipperroundtheworld.com). Want to participate, check it out on their site. The idea is to share the experience.



Evenly matched 68 foot racers

At RNSYS

Gold Coast on the inside finished well ahaed of the pack today
Well, have a good one and see you tomorrow with more of the festivities here in Nova Scotia. Should prove to be a busy summer.

Enjoy, Derek

No comments: